Monday, March 8, 2010

Owen Turns 1!!!

The Birthday Kidos
Sarah and Callum, Tori and Alexis, Ann and Owen

Friday March 5th was Owen's first birthday! It was quite a weekend. On Friday I helped host a baby shower, Saturday we had a "triple birthday" party with two good friends who were born the same week (Alexis on the 2nd, and Callum on the 7th), and then a family party on Sunday. Lots of parties, lots of cake, and lots of good times! Thanks to all who helped us celebrate Owen's first year. It has been a great ride. He's such a blessing in our lives.

Our 3 little birthday kidos, stripped down and ready for cake!

In Owen's words: "This is not my first rodeo guys....I know how this works! Give me the cake!"




Owen LOVES to share his food. 


Callum still wasn't feeling well from earlier in the week so he basically finger painted and smeared his indian war paint with his icing!


After all the sticky cake and ice cream, it was bath time in the sink. Owen loved sticking his toes in the drain, making the water pool up around him. It's the simple things in life for this little guy. 

I worked really hard icing this cake. It took about as long to mix all the colors of icing as it did to pipe it all on. By the end of decorating it my hand was cramping. Those on Ace of Cakes must have great hand muscles. Owen has a little "lovey" that is a giraffe that he LOVES, and got a rubber toy giraffe from his grandparents. This was truly the year of the giraffe! 

By now, he knows the drill. He KNOWS when there are sweet treats around. We've ruined him already! 

Playing with the tissue paper that makes such fun noises. 

Owen got his very own Sophie. This is a rubber squeeky chew toy-esk giraffe that kids love. It is a running joke in the Brown family that it is laced with crack because ALL kids, regardless of age, seem to love the French produced rubber chew toy. Don't know why....but they do. So Owen got his very own. Now he doesn't have to share with the cousins.

Opening his present from Ryan and I. 

Yeah, we guessed right...he loves it. I gave a lady on Craig's List a minor guilt trip when she didn't want to sell this separately, only in a set of 5 other large toys. I simply said, "Shoot, OK well it's my son's first birthday on Friday and he loved it in the store, so let me know if you change your mind." She replays, "Ann, you run a hard bargain. How about $10." I said, "Sold!" I sure didn't have to try too hard.

All-in-all it was a wonderful birthday weekend for little Owen, though he didn't even know what was going on, except that he'd died and gone to Heaven with all the sweets he got to eat. 






3 comments:

Sarah McK said...

I looove those pictures of him in the sink! :)

sarah said...

Can it be a year already! Time sure flies. Your cake is darling! I'm very impressed. And those pictures of him in the sink are so cute. Oh I feel so far away! Hope you guys continue on with March Happiness!

Love,
Sarah
ps you might want to check your font color on your blog, I had a tricky time finding your text

Tori said...

What a fun marathon of first birthday parties! Such an amazingly adorable little boy.