On Saturday 4 of my running friends and I ran in the USO charity Mud Run, a 5k run with military style obstacles in the mud. It was a blast! My mother was not at all surprised that I participated but was thoroughly disgusted! Sorry Mom, I'd do it again tomorrow! Seriously, how often do you as an adult get to play in the mud and it be totally "OK"?
Check out the pink duct tape on our shoes. This is to keep them ON when sludging through the mud.
Thanks to Lisa (middle) and her incredible thrift store shopping and sewing skills we were outfitted in some ridiculous combinations of pink accented by pink tulle tutus. They were definitely a hit. Even teams we didn't know would cheer us on as we passed them or slopped by them in the mud pits saying, "Go pink tutus!"
The last of 3-4 mud crawls. Look at the clean girls on the right side of the picture....we had WAY more fun than they did.
Somehow I ended up with the most mud on my face and in my hair out of our group.
After a quick rinse in the fire hose spraying in the background, the last obstacle.
Don't you want to give us a big hug?
NICE!

5 comments:
I am so jealous. That looks way fun!
Oh my gosh, this looks like such a blast! More fun than workout! :)
I wish I could have done this one with you all! Great times, glad you did it!
I would have LOVED that one!
So awesome! I don't know if I could have handled that...
Post a Comment