Tuesday, April 3, 2012

1 month old

Our little girl is now officially 1 month old! I can't believe how the time has flown by already. I really feel like I just came home from the hospital with her. Our family life has settled down now that we have figured out  how to get Julia to sleep more. She eats well and sleeps well during the day but was having the hardest time going back to sleep after she ate in the middle of the night. She was awake for upwards of 2 hours in the middle of the night just trying to get back to sleep. This made her cranky, interrupted Ryan's sleep, and made me an emotional MONSTER! It was not good for anyone. Turns out she's got some reflux issues. Elevating her crib didn't work. The solution: she sleeps in her carseat. She wakes up 1-2 times a night, nurses for 15 minutes then right back in the carseat without issue. End of story! It's not ideal, but it get us all the sleep we need and that is most important at this point. 

It is amazing to me just how different my two kids are. From the very beginning Owen did not want to get held close and snuggled face in. He would "stiff arm" you if you tried, but if you just turned him around to see everything he was fine. He also was just fine hanging out in the swing or on the floor by himself. Julia is just the OPPOSITE! She wants to be held and cuddled ALL THE TIME! I'm a bit of a "tough love" kind of a Mom and I let her cry it out a bit when I'm trying to get things done. I don't want her to think I'll come running everytime she cries. However.....sometimes she gets crying so hard that she'll turn purple and choke. It only took twice until I went running. I HATE THIS!  Julia now spends most evenings between 5-7 strapped to my chest in the Bijorn. I now take back any judgement I might have had about parents who can't let their kids cry.....what do I know?!?!

So here you go, here are some recent pictures of our little baby girl!
Rocking the dress & headband I made her.
Her favorite place, in her Daddy's arms.
 Snuggling with her Aunt Tamany.
Snuggling with cousin Tyler.

4 comments:

Madelyn said...

She's beautiful! It does fly by, doesn't it?! They don't call them the witching hours for nothing...good luck!

Emilydear said...

So cute! Beckham slept in his car seat for two months--it was my best friend! (: I am glad you are getting more sleep.

Marie said...

good job on the dress. she's so cute! I feel like she looks a lot different than Owen but maybe that's not seeing her in person. sorry your luck ran out and you got a "real" baby! oh, the days of holding a baby ALL day because he would fuss otherwise...but it's totally worth it when they're so precious and tiny and finally here!

Rita said...

What a beautiful girl! Zola has the same green polka dot jacket... and she has it on right now! Super cute. Can't wait to meet her.