Sunday, August 8, 2010

Beautiful Sunday at the Park

Ryan, Owen and I spent a few hours at the park today. We walked through some of our favorite spots...across a creek where Ryan and I took our engagement pictures 3.5 years ago, by the Muny-an outdoor theater where we have camped out and picniced many times for the free seats, the gazebo in front of the Muny where we picnic often and watch the ducks and swatting away the aggressive pesky geese, and a final stop by the World's Fair pavilion and the big fountain in front. We have absolutely LOVED Forest Park, and are very sad to think this is our last year to enjoy all it has to offer...but we vow to do just that while we are still here!



After he ate up all the bread and swam away we moved on to the fountain to cool off. Even at 7:00pm it was still pretty toasty in the sun. 


After the park adventure we came back and had a late but traditional dinner of pancakes with strawberries, eggs, turkey bacon and grits! Can't beat that! What a wonderful Sunday!

2 comments:

Sarah McK said...

Looks like fun! Forest Park does rock, I don't utilize or explore it nearly enough. I think runners have a major advantage on walkers when it comes to seeing more of that huge, beautiful park!

sarah said...

That's one good looking family and one crazy, big turtle!