Last week we were fortunate enough to go on vacation for 9 days with my family to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. I grew up going to this beach every summer. A lot has changed, the beach has been severely eroded, cottages we played in as kids have been torn down or washed away....but still, for me there is nothing quite like going to that beach. It is truly good for my soul to go there! And it was so fun to be there with my family. Mom, Dad, Ryan, Owen and I were there for the whole week and 3 of my 4 brothers were able to make it down at different times with their families. There are too many of us to all be in the cottage together now, but we made do.
Owen's first day at the beach--not the biggest fan of the sand and loud ocean. But by day 3 he was having a ball.
Playing underneath one of the abandoned cottages we played in as kids (we befriended all the out-of-towners). It is now a sad sight but provides great shade and fun place for the kids to play out of the sun.
Clay, Madeline, Dad, and Jack
Owen and I hanging out on my favorite spot on the boat as we cruise around Manteo.
Dophins.....and lots of them.....really close! What a treat.
What a beautiful sight!!! We would often get up early and take a walk before breakfast. There is something so rejuvenating about being on the beach early in the morning with the waves crashing and the sun rising! I loved showing this to Owen.
My sister-in-law got Owen a matching crab shirt for our trip to the beach. We HAD to document
it.
Singing "The Itsy Bity Spider" to keep the kidos happy.
Loving the song.
"Out came the sun"....Owen's favorite part.
Just love this look.
Showing off his muscles.
His first time on e big kid swing.
Clay's, Will's and Ann's kids.
Just the boys...
Owen's new buddy, cousin Enoch! They really took to each other. What a blessing for both Owen and I to have Enoch there. Thanks E!
When I was young, once a week, we would go down to Oregon Inlet to see the big chartered fishing boats come. I really wanted to share this adventure with Owen. As you can tell, he's loving every minute of it.
Apparently he likes the bigger fish, Dolphin.
Yum.....Tuna anyone!
The vacation was amazing! It was so great to be with my family who I do not get to see enough living so far away. It was wonderful to relax with my feet buried in the sand, a great book (The Help) in my hand and the sun on my face. I love it! Can't wait until next year!

3 comments:
As impossible as it may be, he just somehow keeps getting cuter and cuter! Love that boy!
That looks so fun and relaxing! I love the pic of Ry and Owen on the beach holding hands. What a cutie you have!
We've been there every year since I was six! We tried branching out this year but will be going back next summer. It just wasn't the same. Love that place.
Post a Comment