Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Do you know anyone considering adoption?

Then mention Rachel and Ryan!

Rachel is the sister of my dear friend here in St. Louis. She and her husband Ryan are hoping to adopt a baby and they have been told that the best way to get chosen by a birth mother is to have some sort of connection or recommendation. To that end, they are trying to spread the word to all of their family and friends in the hope that some of you will consider mentioning Rachel and Ryan if you know anyone considering adoption. The adoption agency that they are using is affiliated with our church, but the birth parents do not need to share our religion, nor do they need to live in New York. Also, Rachel and Ryan would love a child of any race or background.

For those of you who don't know Rach and Ryan, I would like to share a little with you from those that know them best. I have met Rachel and can verify that she is truly a kind and gentle soul. I've seen her with my friends child, and she would make a fabulous mother!

A note from my friend:  "Rachel and Ryan are truly two of the most remarkable human beings that I know. They are loving, lively, intelligent, accomplished, spiritual, and FUN! Ryan is a dental student and hopes to specialize in pediatric dentistry for children with disabilities. He is also an accomplished athlete and loves to get outside and play, especially snow sports, soccer, and tennis. Rachel is a high school English teacher, but she is looking forward to being a stay-at-home mom and hopefully writing a book some day. She is a fabulous singer, a great connoisseur of sweets, and gives 110% to everything that she does. They have both volunteered extensively at the Hogar Del Nino, an orphanage in El Salvador for persons with disabilities, and Rachel runs a program through Help, International where she recruits and trains volunteers to live at the orphanage for several months at a time to enhance the lives of the residents. I can not imagine two people more suited to being parents, and any child would be blessed beyond measure to join their family!"

Please take a minute to head to her blog and read her post about this, which includes more details, or to check out their adoption profile by following this link. We would greatly appreciate any help in spreading the word about Rachel and Ryan via blogs, Facebook, etc. If you are willing to put a "button" on your blog that links to Rachel and Ryan's adoption profile please let me know and I'll get the appropriate information to you.        

Thank you all for your love and support in helping this unique and outstanding couple get a baby!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi, Ann! Thank you SO MUCH for posting this and for putting my button on your blog! You have no idea how much it means to me to have people from all over helping us find a baby. It is a wonderful feeling!

I also saw your comment on my blog this morning about the Dancing Ryans--yes, we should get them together for a show some time! HA!

Sarah McK said...

You're an awesome friend. I love you!

AnnBrown said...

Rachel-
Oh my....not a problem at all!!! It is my pleasure. It's the least I can do. I told your sister that I just read your ENTIRE application and you might possibly be two of the coolest and most deserving people I've ever known. I wish I had a baby to give you! I've definitley never known anyone who has wanted this so badly in such a pure way. You don't see that very often. I will add you to my prayers for sure! God bless the two of you in this. Have so much fun with Sarah and Cal this weekend. Hope you come back this way again before we all move.

Ann