Sunday, September 11, 2011

It's been a long time.....


Friends, family and anyone else who cares to read about the lives of our little family,

It has officially been over 10 months since I last posted anything. I know that is sad, I was doing so well. I told my friend Sarah, who convinced me to start a blog, that I felt too overwhelmed by all that had happened between last December and now to want to start again. She sweetly said, "Yeah, well you got to start somewhere." So...here we go. I'll do my best to catch you up on the fun things that have gone on in our family in the last 10 months another time, but for now the biggest thing that has happened is Owen started preschool. My little boy is so big!!! 
Our little boy has gotten so big! Doesn't he look like he's 5?
 Owen loves taking his lunch to school. He wants me to make him a quesadilla every time. 
 Rockin' the Elmo backpack. 
In front of his cubby.

He loves his teacher, Ms. Myra, and the 5 other boys in his class. I feel for his teacher sometimes with 6 2 year old boys for 3 hours. That is a lot to handle, but they all seem really sweet. He loves to paint, and play on the playground, and play with all the trucks and cars they have there. But his favorite feature in the classroom is the small sink. There is a small section of the countertop that is sunken lower and has a little sink and mirror so he can see himself wash his hands. He can do it mostly by himself. When I was checking out the schools in town they all looked much the same to me. But when we visited this school and he saw the small sinks and said "Mom look, it's just my size!" He said the same thing in all 4 classrooms we visited. Ryan tells everyone that I picked Owen's school because it has little sinks.  

I LOVE to pick Owen up from school. He is so excited to see me! He screams "Mommy"and runs to arms. I can finally feel a little of what it is like when Ryan comes home at night. He's been greeting Ryan like this since he could talk, but not to me because he's with me all day. Now those few moments around picking him up are so sweet and filled with enthusiasm that they have become some of my favorite moments of my day. 


8 comments:

Andi said...

awwww he is so cute! miss you guys!

Unknown said...

such a cute little guy!!! we miss you guys!!!

Sarah McK said...

He is so darling!! Thankfully he does NOT look like he's 5 yet. These boys are growing up too fast!!! Can't wait to see you guys soon!!!

Emily said...

Very cute! Fun that you have a blog! We have one too but it is private. If you want an invite just send me your email address (:

Erin Jo Merrill said...

Gosh, he is a cute kid! I love the picture with the cubby.

Shawna & Nate Smith said...

I love that you have updated your blog! He is such a stud! Let me know when you're out this way. Would love to have a play date with the boys!

Trina Loos said...

Love the update! Looks like you guys are doing great in Texas. Miss you!

sarah said...

I can't believe how grown-up he is!!! Miss you!