Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Creative Endeavor

I have had the hardest time buying any clothing for this little baby girl that will soon be arriving. For some crazy reason every time I go in to a store I start in the girl section and end up in the boy section, every time! However I've recently pulled out my sewing machine again and have been working on a few things; aprons at Christmas, blankets for the baby, etc. Then I remembered that my dear friend Tori had once taught me to applique fabric designs onto onsies. They turned out so cute, so I thought I'd try my hand at it again, this time on my own. I pulled out some of Owen's old onsies that I wouldn't mind screwing up and tested out my rough applique skills. I used my Cricut to cut out some letters and shapes and went at it. Its actually really difficult to applique with any sort of accuracy because what you need to be looking at is under the presser foot. So I practiced on the blue one then when I felt somewhat comfortable I did the others. 
My childhood friend Rebecca gave Owen the onsie with the green detailing. I love this onsie, its so soft and came from South Africa where she lived at the time so it's extra special. I wanted to "girlify" it a little more so I added a sweet "J" for Julia, the name we are planning to use. All in all I think they turned out really cute.


1 comment:

Sarah McK said...

Well done! I am impressed!