This year Ryan only got the day of Thanksgiving off so we were forced to forgo our annual trip home for the Councill Family Thanksgiving. Thankfully Ryan's brother and sister-in-law only live 4 hours away and got the whole weekend off so they were able to come up and join us. And Ryan's sister Sara, her husband and little girl drove all the way (12 hours) from St. Louis to be with us. It was a houseful, 13 to be exact, but it was fun. I cooked all day the day before making homemade rolls that I only make twice a year and pies. I love to cook so it was fun for me, but a long day on my feet and back.
My brother in law, Jared, is a wonderful amateur gourmet cook, and he too takes great pleasure out of spending hours concocting wonderfully yummy dishes. He has come up with one of the most delicious turnkey recipes that includes a 4 hour turkey brine. It is so tasty. He was the mastermind behind the turkey and everyone else pitched in to make the rest. Thankfully Ryan knows this single guy from the hospital who lives a few floors above us and let us use his oven to cook the turkey. It sure made life easier when we needed to prepare all the sides in our house. Here is a picture of our "spread". Not the best looking presentation, but it was all so YUMMY! I must say, I'm particularly proud of my hubby who year after year delivers on the candied yams. There is no real recipe but they are great every time. He did "toast" the marshmallows a little too much this year, but they were still delicious, just tasted like s'mores on top.
My brother in law, Jared, is a wonderful amateur gourmet cook, and he too takes great pleasure out of spending hours concocting wonderfully yummy dishes. He has come up with one of the most delicious turnkey recipes that includes a 4 hour turkey brine. It is so tasty. He was the mastermind behind the turkey and everyone else pitched in to make the rest. Thankfully Ryan knows this single guy from the hospital who lives a few floors above us and let us use his oven to cook the turkey. It sure made life easier when we needed to prepare all the sides in our house. Here is a picture of our "spread". Not the best looking presentation, but it was all so YUMMY! I must say, I'm particularly proud of my hubby who year after year delivers on the candied yams. There is no real recipe but they are great every time. He did "toast" the marshmallows a little too much this year, but they were still delicious, just tasted like s'mores on top.
Look at the cute little girl who took a bathe in my kitchen sink.

1 comment:
Yum! Now I'm hungry....
Post a Comment