Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Jimmer!

We went down to Houston again this weekend for our last little "road trip" before the baby is born. Like I mentioned before my in-laws are always so good about filling our visits with fun activities and great food. This weekend was no different. They took us to see the Houston Rockets play the Sacramento Kings, and Jimmer Ferdette (former BYU allstar and top 10 draft pick) plays for the Kings.  I don't really follow BYU sports because I didn't go there, but I do love an underdog story and when they are really good like Jimmer it's even better. We watched him a lot last year so this was really fun for everyone. Even Owen who last year learned to say, "Go Jimmer". He liked saying that so much that whenever he sees someone playing basketball on TV, even if there isn't a single white person on the court, he'll shout out "Go Jimmer". This was my first NBA experience, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 
After the game we all got to go on to the court and try to shoot a free throw. I used to be pretty good at that, but with a big ol' belly shooting just isn't as smooth as it once was. The guy directing traffic on to the court even said that I should have to sign two waivers. BLAH! But Owen got to try too, and he loved it.
I think the reason I enjoyed myself so much at this game was for 3 reasons: #1- I understand basketball, #2- I got to sit next to and chat with my sister-in-law the whole time, #3- the picture below tells it all--the kids were in the men's laps the whole night, and we were sitting 3 chairs away. It was beautiful! 

No comments: